It’s Thursday, September 18, 2014, and time for Social Sciences at ClickSchooling!
Age Range: All (All grades – with parental supervision)
- Prehistoric (15000BC – 42)
- Romano-British (43 – 409)
- Saxons & Vikings (410 – 1065)
- Normans / Medieval (1066 – 1484)
- Tudors (1485 – 1602)
- Stuarts (1603 – 1713)
- Georgians / Regency (1714 – 1836)
- Victorians (1837 – 1901)
- Edwardians and World War I (1901 – 1918)
- Interwar Years (1918 – 1939)
- World War II (1939 – 1945)
- Postwar / Modern (1945 – 1985)
Through the use of video podcasts, recipes, and picture galleries, in addition to informational texts relating to life, food, and health facts during the time period, visitors will gain a better understanding of the importance of food in history. Learn about the evolution of food preparation, try period recipes, discover how the dinner table and the kitchen has changed, and how all of these things have contributed to the life-styles and health of people throughout time.
When you are finished exploring the History Cookbook, be sure to check out the Activities tab for more learning activities related to food, as well as the Teaching area tab for even more resources and guidance in using the whole Cookit! website.
This website is a wonderful (and tasty) addition to your history studies sure to have your children asking for second helpings.