It’s Thursday, January 30, 2014, and time for Social Sciences at ClickSchooling!
Age Range: 11-18 (Grades 6-12, approximately, with parental supervision)
Put your oars of exploration in the waters of learning with these topics:
- Explore a Viking Village by viewing video ‘walk throughs’ of a 1:30 scale model of a medieval Viking village in Sweden.
- Who Were the Vikings? This question and others are answered wonderfully in a Q&A session with Dr. William Fitzhugh, who gives a better view of what Vikings were really like.
- Examine the Secrets of Norse Ships, their construction, and how many different types of Viking ships have been discovered.
- The Viking Diaspora examines the settlement of the Vikings in other lands with the aid of a clickable map.
- Write Your Name in Runes and learn the meaning of each letter of the Viking alphabet using the interactive feature.
- Build a Tree-Ring Timeline and discover how scientists have used this method to determine the date of the remains of Viking ships.
And because this is a simple to navigate but thorough website, further your Viking studies by examining the other recommended resources.