It’s Wednesday, June 1, 2016, and time for Language Arts at ClickSchooling!
Age Range: 5-17 (Grades K-12, with parental supervision)
The amazing teacher and internet lesson provider Mr. Donn has collaborated with artist Phillip Martin to bring students, parents, and teachers this extensive archive of PowerPoint lessons and activities on every facet of Language Arts.
When you get to the site, you’ll see a menu of free presentations in PowerPoint format and interactive online lessons and games that includes:
- Reading – ABCs, phonics, Dolch Words, comprehension, story maps, spelling and more.
- Literature – Author studies, myths, fairy tales, Shakespeare, classics, etc.
- Poetry – Haiku, cinquain, and limericks.
- Theatre, Drama – Scene design, stagecraft, acting, free scripts and plays, etc.
- Grammar – Parts of speech, verb tenses, sentence structure, subjects and predicates, and more.
- Punctuation – Capitalization, commas, colons and semicolons, apostrophes and more.
- Word Analysis – Root words, prefixes/suffixes, synonyms, analogies, similes, metaphors, more.
- Writing – Outlines, paragraphs, essays, story starters, reports, and all manner of writing including expository, persuasive, descriptive, narrative, technical, and creative. Learn about active and passive voice, writing letters and emails, note-taking, proofreading, citation and more.
Click on any one and a new page opens with a menu of PowerPoint and Interactive Lessons on that topic for a variety of age/grade ranges along with tips for educators as well. Then, click on a topic of interest and a new page opens that launches the program.
This is one of the most comprehensive resources we’ve seen for free learning material. Who says you can’t homeschool for free?