It’s Tuesday, July 14, 2015, and time for Science at ClickSchooling!
Age Range: 5-18 (Grades K-12, with parental supervision)
- Jul 14 – Acoustical Ecology – Loons: Development and disturbance can silence the beautiful call of the common loon.
- Jul 9 – Long Leaf Pine – Restoring: Forestry experts at the Okefenokee National Wildlife Refuge are working to restore Long Leaf Pine, a species that once ranged from Virginia to Texas.
- Jul 8 – Natchez – Oral History: The Principal Chief of the Natchez offers a unique perspective of his people’s cultural heritage.
- Jul 2 – Terraforming: It may work on Star Trek, but in real life Mar’s thin atmosphere will be writing the script.
- Jul 1 – Okefenokee – Standing Up to Bears: What hisses at bears to defend its nest eggs? Hint: it’s bigger than a robin.
But there’s more! In the “Educator Resources” section you’ll find free lesson plans with activities “suitable for classrooms or home-schoolers” using Pulse of the Planet programs. The lesson plans for grades K-12 contain downloadable audio files. You must register (free and painless) to access the lessons.
Click on “Monthly Features” for the in-depth studies, and peruse the rest of the menu for other wonderful science surprises.