It’s Wednesday, February 10, 2016, and time for Language Arts at ClickSchooling!
Age Range: 5-18 (Grades K-12, with parental supervision)
Share My Lesson was developed by the American Federation of Teachers and TES Connect, self-described as the largest network of teachers in the world. Share My Lesson pledges that their members can download and share user-generated resources free of charge forever.
There is an overwhelming amount of resources here that covers all subject areas, but today we are focusing on Language Arts. The lessons were created with classroom teachers in mind but are easily adapted for homeschool use. We drilled down to “writing” on the web page and located a myriad of writing lesson plans and ideas including:
- Lesson plans using Facebook – This template allows students to construct a Facebook page for a character from a text or some other context.
- English Lesson Plans on Persuasive Techniques in Writing – Handout and activity
- Lesson plans for Saving Reluctant Writers – This simple 3-step process shows you how to help students organize and sequence their ideas for easy writing.
- 8 Minute Madness – Creative starter activities
- Journal Writing Prompts with EI – Need two weeks’ worth of writing prompts to get students writing?
- And much more!
You’ll want to bookmark this website and return often to take advantage of the extensive bank of resources located here.