It’s Thursday, July 3, 2014, and time for Social Sciences at ClickSchooling!
Age Range: All (All grades, with parental supervision)
The 4th of July offers lots of opportunities to learn more about U.S. History, Social Studies, Science and more! Here are some websites to get you started.
At this site you will find a stunning compendium of 4th of July themed activities with links to:
- History lessons
- Primary source documents
- Texts, literature, poems, and songs
- Quizzes, puzzles, coloring pages
- and much more.
There is enough material here to provide an entire unit study on American history and in particular the events associated with Independence Day.
Sponsored by PBS Nova, this site is all about the science behind fireworks. When you get to the site you will see a menu that includes:
- Anatomy of a Firework – an illustrated guide to the different parts that make up a firework
- Pyrotechnics: It’s Elemental – find out what elements from the Periodic Table of Elements are used in fireworks
- Demolition Woman – read an interview with a female pyrotechnician and find out about what her job entails.