Hi! It’s Monday, February 25, 2013 and time for Math at ClickSchooling!
Age Range: 5-18 (Grades K-12, with parental supervision)
This website, sponsored by Cambridge University, seeks to enrich math curriculum for learners of all ages by providing free, engaging, interactive math activities that provoke mathematical thinking. This isn’t about math lessons and worksheets: it’s about exploring math concepts through unusual problems to provide deeper understanding.
When you get to the website you’ll see a brief introduction and a menu that’s divided into two sections:
Student Homes – This area is divided into sections with activities for students in various grade/ability levels:
- Lower Primary – Activities that help children understand the concept of sorting, matching, and numbers
- Upper Primary – Explore shapes, numbers and operations (addition, subtraction, multiplication, division), time, logic and more.
- Lower Secondary - Get useful insights for determining area, perimeter, and volume. Experiment with curves, triangles, and geometric reasoning.
- Upper Secondary – Use area integrals to solve problems, explore ideas in statistics.
Teacher Homes – This area is divided into three sections with teacher information and activities for:
- Early Years – Building the foundational understanding to develop math skills.
- Primary Years – Activities that encourage students to work systematically to solve math problems.
- Secondary Years – Exploring area, perimeter, shapes, volume, Pi, and Calculus to solve real world problems.
While the look of the site and the information provided is user-friendly, it’s not organized in an intuitive way. Be prepared to click around to find all of the activities and resources that are available.