It’s Monday, July 25, 2016, and time for Math at ClickSchooling!
Age Range: 5 and up (Grades K and up; children with parental supervision).
Rice University sponsors this website that offers all kinds of FUN interactive math lessons created by math whiz and teacher Cynthia Lanius.
When you get to the site you will see a menu of math activities that cover every math strand and ability level from counting to calculus. Here are just a few of the lesson/game titles:
- Who Wants Pizza? – A fraction lesson offered in both English and Spanish!
- The Million Dollar Mission – A math and money fantasy that teaches about exponential growth.
- Calendar Fun – Amaze your friends by using the calendar and a little algebra.
- Mathematics of Cartography – Who knew map-makers were mathematicians?
- Dueling Pinwheels – A dazzling way to look at geometry.
The activities at this site include lessons, instructions, and explanations of math concepts and problems – and all have an interactive game component that allows you to practice what you’ve learned. See? Math can be fun!