It’s Saturday, June 6, 2015, and time for Music at ClickSchooling!
Chuck Vanderchuck’s “Something Something” Explosion
Age Range: 6-9 (Grades 1-4, with parental supervision)
Join PBS characters Chuck Vanderchuck, Ramona, and Chuck’s dog, Zeppelin, on an interactive exploration of music genres, instruments, ear training, and music composition. (You’ll need Adobe Flash Player 9 Plug-in installed on your computer to view this site.)
When arriving at the game page, select from:
- Jam Sessions – Use the arrows to choose a music genre, then click play to learn about that genre. Next play the 3 games below to open the Main Gig to apply what you have learned and win your award:
- Lyrical Solarium – fill in the blanks to write lyrics
- What Sounds Like What – discover the sounds of instruments used to play different music genres
- Zen of Composition – learn how patterns are used in music to make songs
- Dance Beat Explosion – Choose the character you want to play as then answer the questions to earn ‘dance moves’. At the end of the game the winner gets to use their moves to make their character perform the dance. If you have a web cam you can watch yourself dance on the screen.
- Costume box – just for fun, dress up the characters in attire related to a musical style, take a picture, and print out if you want
- Road Trip – choose a music genre then, in this classic video game style game, use your keyboard to move along the route to collect points and the musical instruments needed. But be careful of the dangers along the way because you only have 5 lives to complete your mission.
- Awards – check out the awards you have collected playing the games.
There are also great resources for Parents and Teachers
found by clicking the links at the bottom of the home page. The parent’s page includes an overview of the site, information about the show, the characters, and music genres as well as additional downloadable activities to keep the learning going. In the teacher’s area find video clips about the music genres and information about which games relate to the genre.
While this website may be geared for elementary aged students, it can easily be enjoyed by older students. With the help of this site, learning musical concepts is a fun and entertaining experience.