It’s Tuesday, November 4, 2014, and time for Science at ClickSchooling!
Age Range: 5-14 (Grades 1-8, with parental supervision)
This site is overwhelming and fabulous for teaching about the different body systems. This website has that, and much more. There are animated demonstrations, downloadable images, games, etc. Check it out some time when you have a lot of time. You’ll have to bookmark this one and return several times to explore the many offerings here.
Before you invite your kids to check out this website please PREVIEW THE SITE TO DETERMINE SUITABILITY OF CONTENT.
When you get to the site you’ll see some featured items that include multi-media games, movies, and quizzes about various health topics from anatomy to nutrition to disease. Click on any one to have fun while learning how to stay fit physically, mentally, and emotionally. Use the menu on the left to explore:
- Dealing with Feelings – You’ll find a series of articles here that address simple and complicated issues in ways kids can understand. Topics include dealing with bullies, understanding divorce, getting along with siblings, peer pressure, what to do when a pet dies, etc.
- Staying Healthy – Short articles here explain things like BMI (Body Mass Index), steroids, acne, bad breath, smoking, sleep disorders, E. Coli, allergies, nutrition, and more.
- Recipes – Find recipes for healthy snacks along with recipes for kids on specific diets due to health problems such as cystic fibrosis, diabetes, and celiac disease. There are recipes for vegetarians and those with lactose intolerance as well.
- Everyday Illnesses and Injuries – A First Aid course on what to do if you get flu, bug bites, injuries, cold sores, warts, West Nile Virus, chickenpox, strep throat, and more. It even explains “What’s Puke?”
- How the Body Works – Learn all about your bones, brain, digestive system, ears, eyes, hair, heart, kidneys, lungs, muscles, nails, nose, skin, teeth, and tongue!
- Q&A – Find the answers to all of the questions you have about icky, unusual, and fascinating bodily functions.
- People, Places, & Things That Help Me – Get explanations for what various doctors, dentists, and therapists do. Find out what happens in the hospital. Learn about ADHD medicines, fluoride, retainers, dialysis, and more.
- Staying Safe – Discover how to be safe in any environment.
- The Game Closet – This section is an interactive jackpot of games, movies, experiments, quizzes, activities that help kids explore health and the human body.
- Health Problems – Learn about serious and not-so-serious health problems that kids experience from hives and athlete’s foot to spina bifida and meningitis.
This site contains a wealth of information that you can use to complement any science curriculum.