It’s Saturday, May 9, 2015, and time for Foreign Languages at ClickSchooling!
Age Range: 8-12 (Grades 3-6, with parental supervision)
- Change the Colors of the Site! – Change the color of the text and background for easier viewing.
- What is Braille? – Learn the ins and outs of reading and writing braille as well as print out a braille alphabet key or send away for a free braille alphabet card.
- Reading Club – featured books to read including a Reading Club Schedule and a Message to Parents and Teachers explaining the purpose of the Reading Club
- Games and Secret Messages – interactive activities that encourage students to interpret simulated braille letters, words, and numbers. See your name in braille, solve trivia, riddles and rhymes, jumbles, secret messages and more.
- Louis Braille – read the brief story of Louis Braille then visit the Louis Braille Online Museum through the link provided on the page.
- Helen Keller Kids Museum Online – Explore the timeline of Helen Keller’s life which includes photos and videos (which need to be downloaded to your computer to view) and much more.
- Parents and Teachers – This page provides links to an overview of the Braille Bug website, instructions for downloading braille files for those that have a braille printer, suggestions for classroom activities, and more.
- Are You Ready for Real Braille? – This page provides a special offer to purchase the Braille Bug® Activity Book, Slate, and Stylus.
While this website’s target audience is students in grades 3-6, many of the activities can easily be adapted for younger and older students.