It’s Monday, February 9, 2015, and time for Math at ClickSchooling!
Age Range: All (children with parental supervision)
- Chocolate – Explore fractions with a chocolate bar!
- Candy – Hone your sorting, grouping, and estimation skills with a box of sweetheart candies. Get free math lessons for grades 1-4. Get instructions for a game of “Valentine Candy Battleship.”
- Hearts – Learn about symmetry while calculating the area and perimeter of a heart shape. Get instructions for a game of “Broken Heart Math.”
- Valentines – Try the “Valentine Exchange Lesson.” (Homeschoolers could substitute “support group” for “classroom” in this activity.)
- Solve Some Tricky Valentine’s Math Problems – Figure out an algorithm to solve a math puzzle, and see if you can answer some Valentine-themed word problems.
There are lots of ingenious ideas here and links to further resources too.