Age Range: 6-14 (grades 1-9, approximately, with parental supervision).
At this website, you’ll find all kinds of free valentine-themed math activities that explore concepts from symmetry to Fibonacci and beyond for students of all ages. When you get to the site indulge in the sweet math menu that invites you to:
- Explore measurements and temperature by making your own chocolate candy.
- Graph your favorite chocolate bars and experiment with fractions as you divide them among your friends.
- Use Sweetheart candies for counting, sorting, grouping, and estimation exercises.
- Figure out the area and perimeter of a circle and square using common cinnamon heart candies.
- Explore a variety of candy math lessons for grades 1-9.
- Plot latitude and longitude in a game of Valentine Candy Battleship.
- Make a symmetrical heart and calculate its perimeter.
- Get a free printable set of multiplication flash cards for the times tables 2-13.
- Discover your own heart’s resting rate and find out how much blood it pumps.
- Use a formula (or algorithm) to calculate the number of hugs you’ll receive in February.
- Solve some Valentine’s Day math word problems.
Then, explore the archive of links to even more Valentine’s Day math lessons, problems, quizzes, crafts, games, and more!
Don’t miss the rest of the fantastic GoogolPower.com website. You won’t believe the free math resources this site has in store for you!