It’s Wednesday, April 5, 2017, and time for Language Arts at ClickSchooling!
Age Range: 6-12 (Grades 1-7, with parental supervision)
April is National Poetry Month! This website offers such a fun way to introduce kids to poetry. It provides free lessons and activities that will inspire the poet in your child. This site is designed with classroom teachers in mind, but most of the content can be tweaked for homeschool use as well.
When you get to the site you’ll see a selection of featured items in the center of the screen and a menu on the left that you can use to navigate through topics such as:
- Poetry Class – Use these easy-to-follow instructions to learn how to write funny poems in no time at all. Write poetry about feelings, songs, seasons – and learn to write limericks and haiku too.
- Poetry Fun – Try to say some tongue twisters, learn to rhyme, and try your hand at fill-in-the-blank poetry.
- Poetry Theater – Perform plays using a selection of popular and funny poems archived here.
- Read & Rate – Find a selection of poems on topics such as summer fun, birthdays, yucky poems, love poems, food poems, scary poems and many more. Read the poetry and then rate it on the giggle meter.
- Ask the Poet – Read the bios and get the scoop on your favorite children’s poets.
There is much more to explore at this site, so bookmark it to return often.