It’s Monday, March 21, 2016, and time for Math at ClickSchooling!
Age Range: 10-14 (Grades 5-9, with parental supervision)
Use your math skills to save the world from the evil Dr. Wick! (Younger students may find this game motivational and fun, if there is someone nearby to explain how to do the problems.)
When you get to this website you’ll see the evil villain, Dr. Wick. who is plotting to take over the world. You are a secret agent and your assignment is to foil his plan by using your math skills in each of two missions. (Turn on your speakers to hear the villainous conspiracy as it unfolds; captions also appear at the bottom of the screen.)
Before embarking on the interactive missions, you must read the biographies of five secret agents and select two to accompany you. You might have to rely on them for hints from time to time, so choose carefully!
Here are just a few of the things you will practice:
- Figure out what you will need to do in order to solve a problem.
- Use a calculator to multiply and divide large numbers.
- Figure out the area of a rectangle.
- Basic operations of fractions, decimals, and percents (add, subtract, multiply, divide).
- Round to the nearest whole number.
- Find the mean of a few numbers.
- Label a graph, plot points, and interpret the graph.
Fortunately, you can get cryptic hints along the way, and most of the time you can redo each problem as many times as it takes to get the correct answer.
For a complete list of the skills covered, complete text of the script, a vocabulary list, supplementary worksheets, and even a teacher’s manual, see the section for teachers.
And for even more helpful tips you can use at home, see the section for families!