It’s Monday, June 29, 2015, and time for Math at ClickSchooling!
Math with Egyptian Hieroglyphs!
Age Range: 8-16 (Varies by website; children with parental supervision)
This terrific blog (by a homeschool mom) offers a series of free math challenges using hieroglyphs.
Designed for younger students (about 8-14), you’ll find several links to resources that include:
- Hieroglyphic Addition & Subtraction – This downloadable and printable pdf offers a few fun math problems in hieroglyphs for kids.
- Ten Hieroglyphs Lessons – Learn more about hieroglyphs with ten free lessons including a lesson on “Numbers and Dates.”
From the main page, you can click on links to these other fun math activities too:
- The Secret of the Pharaoh’s Treasure
- The Mysterious Temporal Freeze
- The Secret of Egyptian Fractions
- The Puzzling Pythagorean Pebbles
This commercial and ad-supported website is a treasure trove of Ancient Egyptian history that contains a small section devoted to number hieroglyphs complete with a few math problems you can solve using hieroglyphs. It’s geared for ages 10-16, and offers a fun way to learn a little math and history. Be sure to explore the rest of this site that includes information on pyramids, temples, kings and queens, mummification, etc.