It’s Tuesday, March 14, 2017, and time for Science at ClickSchooling!
Age Range: 5-18 (Grades K-12, with parental supervision)
This website, sponsored by the U.S. Energy Information Administration, provides free energy-related lessons, printables, games, and activities designed for classroom use in grades K-12. (They can be tweaked for use in the homeschool environment.)
When you get to the website you’ll see a menu under the banner “For Teachers” that includes:
- Lesson Plans for grades K-3, 4-7, 6-9, and 9-12
- Teacher Guide with tips on extension activities
- Career Corner to explore jobs in the Energy field
- Science Fair Experiments
- Field Trips with ideas for taking trips to power plants, etc.
- Related Links to resources and energy websites
Once you’ve explored the “For Teachers” section check out the menu in the left margin of the page that offers:
- What is Energy? – Learn energy basics including its forms, how it’s measured, and what it has to do with the periodic table of elements.
- Energy Sources – Discover renewable and non-renewable energy, electricity, hydrogen, and the latest energy stats.
- Using & Saving Energy – Learn how energy is used at home, work, in industry, transportation, and more.
- History of Energy – Check out the time line of energy inventions including Coal, Electricity, Ethanol, Geothermal, Hydropower, Natural Gas, Oil, Wind, and more. You can also read biographies of people who developed scientific breakthroughs with energy including Celsius, Curie, Edison, Einstein, Faraday, Joule, Marconi, Newton, Oppenheimer and more.
- Games & Activities – Enjoy riddles, puzzles, science experiments, and take a quiz to test your energy IQ.