Hi! It’s Thursday, August 22, 2013, and time for Social Sciences at ClickSchooling!
Age Range: 5-18 (Approximately, with parental guidance.)
This website provides the history of the rise of Celtic nations and kingdoms (in what is now England and Scotland) after the end of the Roman occupation in the Dark Ages. It’s divided into two parts:
1) The main site is for older students about ages 11 and up (grades 6-12) and beyond. Use the link above to access the main site.
2) There is also a section especially for kids ages 5-10 (grades K-5) that you can access through an alternate link that is posted below.
When you get to the main site you’ll see a menu of topics including:
*Kingdoms – Learn the history and timeline of the early kingdoms and explore maps of the territories they occupied.
*Arthur – A terrific account of King Arthur, the Knights of the Round Table, and the many engaging legends.
*Archaeology – See the ruins of ancient castles, abbeys, and churches and virtually examine artifacts.
*Saints – Read the biographies of Celtic saints, and learn about their gifts and sacrifices.
*Adversaries – Learn about ancient warring Celtic tribes.
Click on any one and a new page opens with a menu that allows you to explore the topic in depth through text, illustrations, and pictures.
As mentioned above, just for youngsters, the site offers a Kids Page here:
Fun, cartoon art illustrates the answers to questions about:
- The Dark Ages
- Why the Romans left Britain
- Britons, Saxons, Scots, and Picts
- King Arthur, the Sword in the Stone, and Arthurian legend
- Other Famous Kings
- Saints, Monks & Nuns
- Life in Farms, Villages, and Towns
- Christianity and Pagans
And much more! You’ll even find printable coloring pages!