It’s Monday, November 17, 2014, and time for Math at ClickSchooling!
Age Range: 5-105 (Grades K-Adult; children with parental supervision)
- World Population – Watch the numbers advance on births, deaths, and the net population growth today.
- Government & Economics – Watch the mind-boggling figures increase on expenditures in healthcare, education, and the military. Discover the number of cars, bicycles, and computers produced or sold this year.
- Society & Media – Find out the number of book titles published, newspapers circulated, TVs and cellular phones sold, money spent on video games, and how many emails and blog posts are sent/made in a day.
- Environment – Learn how many forests were lost, how many tons of carbon dioxide were emitted this year, or the species that have gone extinct and more.
- Food – See the amount of food produced this year, the number of undernourished people in the world, number of overweight people, money spent on weight loss programs, etc.
- Water – See how many people have no access to safe drinking water.
- Energy – Discover the energy used in a day from renewable and non-renewable sources. See the number of days to the end of oil, gas, and coal.
- Health – Get information about traffic fatalities, world spending on illegal drugs, number of cigarettes smoked today, deaths caused by malaria, cancer, AIDS, communicable diseases, etc.
If this doesn’t result in educational questions and discussions – I don’t know what will. Plus, it shows kids the practical use of math in the real world.