It’s Monday, September 14, 2015, and time for Math at ClickSchooling!
Age Range: 6-11 (Grades 1-6, with parental supervision)
This website offers free information for kids featuring animated superheroes who teach sound fiscal responsibility through their adventures.
Your kids can raise their financial I.Q. as they learn:
- Where money comes from
- How to operate an ATM, write a check, and create a budget
- How to save and invest money
- How to wisely spend and share money
When you get to the site, click on menu items at the top of the page to access the different sections that include:
- Bios – Click on any one of the six animated character’s to read their bios and learn their “superpowers” such as controlling liquid assets. Then, read the bios of villains such as “Credit-Tor” who lures you into accepting tempting credit card offers.
- Lessons – You’ll find 4 lesson topics that provide basic info on money, how to earn money, how to save and invest money, and information on the stock market. Click on any one, and a new site opens with the complete lesson.
- Comics – Read fun stories starring the financial superheroes that reinforce your financial education.
- Activities – Access arcade-type games as well as coloring sheets, crossword puzzles, word searches, and Sudoku puzzles that extend the learning.
In addition, you’ll find a glossary of terms used in the lessons and stories at this site. There’s good content here that’s presented in an engaging way for the target age-range.