It’s Saturday, May 24, 2014, and time for Music at ClickSchooling!
Age Range: 5-18 (Grades K-12, with parental supervision)
This is a wonderfully colorful and fun interactive site with loads of printable lesson plans and worksheets and online activities to use with your students as they learn about orchestral music.
Presented by the National Arts Centre located in Ottawa, Ontario, Canada, this website not only introduces students to the instruments of the orchestra but also the musicians, composers, and conductors who bring music alive.
Select from the following to start your musical adventure:
- Music Resources - listen to music recordings, watch video clips, browse the music dictionary, find helpful advice for parents and teachers
- Instrument Lab – learn all about the sections and instruments that make up an orchestra; examine virtual instruments and listen to the sounds that they make
- Great Composers – investigate the lives and music of the great composers such as Beethoven, Mozart, Tchaikovsky, Gershwin, and more as well as contemporary composers such as Adams, Morquez, Shafer, and others
- NAC Orchestra and Friends – read interviews with the musicians, conductors and composers of the NACO
- Activities and Games – play and learn with loads of fun games and activities such as the click and drag game “Compose Music”, the online quizzes like “Name that Composer” and “Name that Instrument”, and lots of printables
- Orchestra on Tour – Read the online journal kept by NAC Orchestra musicians and staff during their 2008 performance and education tour
Be sure to check out the “Resources for Teachers” section of the website for more helpful resource including resource kits, lesson plans, and NAC Orchestra Student Matinee study guides. This website is a valuable resource of information and activities that encourage an engaging learning experience in your study of orchestral music.