It’s Friday, November 25, 2016, and time for a Virtual Field Trip
Age Range: 8-18 (Grades 3-12, with parental supervision)
Bring the world to your classroom with the educational videos and material at this website from the non-profit organization, ProjectExplorer.
When arriving at today’s link, select your grade level then choose your desired location from across the world. A sampling of the video tours include:
- The song and dance of South Africa
- A sugar shack in Canada to see how maple syrup is made
- Climbing the Sydney Harbor Bridge in Australia
- Teotihuácan pyramid in Mexico
- Caves of Belize
- See the Orang Utans in the Singapore Zoo
- The food of Mumbai, India
- Palo Verde National Park in Costa Rica
- The Caspian Sea
- The BBC in England
- And so much more.
Each video tour is accompanied by a diary-like entry providing more details and information.
To access the teacher lesson plans, you will need to register for free. Once you have confirmed your registration, select the “For Teachers” link in the upper menu. Then you can search for lesson plans by country or by subject. Lesson plans include objects, standards and benchmarks, rubrics, worksheets and more.
Bookmark this website to come back to time and again to supplement your geography and social studies.