It’s Friday, November 28, 2014, and time for a Virtual Field Trip at ClickSchooling!
Age Range: All (All grades, children with parental supervision)
- Egg Farms – Explore 5 different types of egg farms: conventional, free run, free range, aviary, and enriched colony egg farms.
- Vegetable Farm – Visit Birkbank Farms in Ontario, a vegetable and fruit farm and market.
- Ratite Farms – A ratite is a flightless bird that includes ostriches, emus and rheas. Check out how these birds are raised commercially.
- Chicken Farm – An Ontario chicken farm
- Turkey Farm – A Canadian turkey farm
- Dairy Cow Farms – Gain an understanding of a tie-stall dairy farm and a free stall dairy farm.
- Beef Cattle Farms – Learn about a beef feedlot farm and a cow/calf farm.
- Veal Farms – Visit a grain fed veal farm and a milk fed veal farm.
- Goat Farms – Discover the difference between market goats and dairy goats.
- Greenhouse Vegetable Farm – Tour Pyramid Farms, an Ontario greenhouse that currently grows tomatoes.
- Fruit Orchard – Drop in on Cherry Lane, an Ontario fruit farm where they grow cherries, peaches and pears.
- Pig Farms – Explore the characteristics of farrowing hog farm and a market hog farm (also known as a grower-finisher farm).
- Grain Farm – Pay a call on an Ontario grain farm that grows wheat, corn and soybeans.
- Sheep Farm – Learn all about sheep farming.
- Deer and Elk Farms – Check out these two unique farms for white-tailed deer and elk.
This website will quickly become a favorite as there is so much to see and learn about farming.