It’s Thursday, February 19, 2015, and time for Social Sciences at ClickSchooling!
Age Range: 11-18 (Grades 6-12, with parental supervision)
- “Facts at a Glance” which provide snippets of biographical information in a concise manner
- Essays on (PRESIDENT) and His Administration – Links to more in-depth information about the President
- First Lady and other important members of the government at the time of Presidency – each linked to biographies
- Presidential Speeches – links to texts of speeches. For Presidents after Herbert Hoover, there are also audios of speeches and after Eisenhower there are also videos
- Scholarship and Speakers – a selection of Miller Center resources on the President
- Scripps Library Reference Resources – “links to reference resources prepared by the Miller Center’s Scripps Library, designed to help students and scholars conduct their research quickly”
After selecting the “Presidential Classroom” on the main page, choose from either “Exhibits” or “Lesson Plans” for tons more supplemental materials and helpful classroom activities that allow students to dig deeper into U.S. history and government.
There is so much valuable information available at this website, neatly compiled for ease of use and navigation, that you will find yourself coming back time and time again.