It’s Friday, August 26, 2016, and time for a Virtual Field Trip at ClickSchooling!
Age Range: 10-18 (Grades 5-12, with parental supervision)
Take a picture-perfect guided tour of the American Museum of Photography with this website. Don’t let the home page of this tour dissuade you from visiting.
When arriving at today’s link you will see a page of text with many underlined links that will take you to different destinations. After reading through the text to learn more about the different exhibits, in the Exhibitions paragraph, locate the “Exhibitions Floor” link to go to the meat of the tour. When the page opens choose one of the 3 exhibitions available:
- Inventing Modernism – Learn about the beginnings of modernism in photography and examine example of this art form.
- Beneath the Wrinkle – Discover the photography of Clarence H. White and how his work transformed when he was commissioned to illustrate a narrative for McClure’s Magazine: “Beneath the Wrinkle” by Clara Morris.
- Auto Chromes: The World Goes Color-Mad – Explore the first steps into color photography.
Back at the home page you will find more adventurous tours into the world of photography with such online exhibits as:
- Special effect photography including photography noir, fictions, photomontage, faux snow pictures, creating clones with a camera, “spirit photography”, and more
- Photography with a historical and cultural significance
- Animal photography
- Masterworks of Photography
- Architectural photography
When you are finished digging through the museum check out the “Research Center” to learn about various photographic processes, preservation of photos, and more.
Note: As always, please be sure to preview this website before allowing your students to visit as there may be some images that some will find not suitable for children.
Bookmark this one to include in your art studies.