It’s Thursday, March 6, 2014, and time for Social Sciences at ClickSchooling!
Age Range: 11-18 (Grades 6-12, with parental supervision)
Based on the three episode series presented by PBS, this companion website offers further exploration through interactive features, text, videos, and photos and examines Ireland’s myths and their impact on Western civilization.
Select from the following to begin exploring:
- Cartographer’s Journey – Explore an interactive map to Ireland’s key historical sites.
- Fortress Ireland – Discover how the geography of Ireland has played a role in its relationship with Europe and take a pictorial tour of Ireland. Watch a video clip of stone forts built by Irish kings.
- Religion – Learn how Christianity has changed this formerly pagan land and view a video clip about St. Patrick.
- Culture and Commerce – Understand what life was like in ancient Ireland.
- Technology – Discover how new technology that came to Ireland during the Bronze Age impacted its economy.
- About the Film – This page of the website is further broken down into sections. Video clips from the episodes can be found in the “About the Episodes” Section.
- Resources – Dig deeper with web links for further study.
- Lesson Plans – Check out the two lesson plans to use with middle or high school students that include overviews, standards covered, procedures for teachers, and more.