It’s Tuesday, June 7, 2016, and time for Science at ClickSchooling!
Age Range: 10-18 (Grades 5-12, with parental supervision)
This site offers free science tools, lessons, animations, software and more to help students learn all about seismology, plate tectonics, earthquakes, geology and much more!
Sponsored by the Incorporated Research Institutions for Seismology (funded by the National Science Foundation), this website has powerful, interactive learning tools from a consortium of over 100 U.S. universities dedicated to the acquisition, management, and distribution of seismological data. We know this may sound “heady” but there are all kinds of engaging multi-media activities that students of a wide range of abilities and interests will enjoy.
When you get to the site you’ll see a variety of offerings. We suggest clicking on “View The Seismic Monitor” that is prominently featured on the landing page. A new screen opens where you can access:
- Earthquake Headlines – Read news stories about earthquakes.
- Last 30 Days Earthquakes – See a list of earthquakes, their location and magnitude over the past 30 days.
- Special Events – Review recent earthquake teachable moments.
- Plate Tectonics – Discover the continual slow movement of the tectonic plates.
- Education Links – Get access to free animations, video lectures, lessons and resources with links to materials, and much more!
There is so much content here that you can’t really see and enjoy it all in one visit. Bookmark the site to return again.