It’s Friday, February 28, 2014, and time for a Virtual Tour at ClickSchooling!
Age Range: 5-18 (Grades K-12, with parental supervision)
Hawaii is the home to a variety of sea life and at this site you can learn all about it in the many exhibits at the Waikiki Aquarium.
When you get to the site select the “Experience” link at the top of the page. Then select from:
- Animal Guide
- Overview Map
- Critter of the Month
Some of the exhibits you might like to visit are:
- South Pacific Marine Communities and Hawaiian Marine Communities – highlight the amazing diversity and adaptations of sea creatures in the tropical Pacific and Hawaii.
- The Edge of the Reef – Learn about different types of Hawaiian reef and shore environments, and see colorful fish.
- Hawaiian Monk Seal Habitat – find out about conservation efforts to preserve one of the world’s most endangered marine mammals.
- Diversity and Adaptations – discover the amazing adaptations that allow marine life to get the upper hand on predators and prey.
- Coral Farm – is a working coral propagation facility that provides coral colonies to other aquariums and research institutions to reduce the demand and damage to wild reefs.
Click on any one of these and more and investigate it through text, photographs, and even Live Cams!
Little ones will like the pictures, and older students will enjoy navigating through the hotlinks to learn all about Hawaiian marine life. A great site to visit with the whole family.