It’s Wednesday, May 27, 2015, and time for Language Arts at ClickSchooling!
Age Range: 6-18 (Grades 1-12, with parental supervision)
This commercial website sells an online writing program, but it also provides free writing resources that include instructional videos, printable worksheets, and interactive games. There’s enough free material to jump-start writing, nudge it along, hone some grammar skills, and more.
When you get to the site you’ll see an introduction and below it are some of the free writing resources. Use the menu on the left side of the home page to easily access the free writing resources that teach:
- Writing Sentences – Sentence structure, fragments and run-on sentences; simple, complex and compound sentences; types of sentences including declarative, imperative, interrogative, and exclamatory
- Writing Paragraphs – Topic sentence, supporting details, concluding sentence, and types of paragraphs
- Writing Essays – Introduction, thesis statement, concluding paragraph, types of essays, etc.
- Writing Mechanics – Parts of speech, subject-verb agreement, capitalization, punctuation, homophones, homonyms, etc.
- Standardized Test Writing – Identifying sentence errors, choosing the better sentence, editing and revising paragraphs, improving sentences, writing the SAT essay.
Click on a topic of interest and a new page opens with a selection of sample lessons, activities, and games.