It’s Saturday, November 19, 2016, and time for Art at ClickSchooling!
Age Range: 8-18 (Grades 3-12, with parental supervision)
Learn about Native American art with this website from the Smithsonian National Museum of the American Indian.
After reading the brief introduction, choose from three different sections to begin your exploration:
- Explore the Object Gallery to discover headdresses, cultural objects, and contemporary art
- Play Infinity of Nations Culture Quest to gain knowledge of Native nations and objects across the Americas
- See Contemporary Native American Art from five different artists:
- Larry Beck – Yup’ik
- Allan Houser – Chiricahua Apache
- Bob Haozous – Chiricahua Apache
- Diego Romero – Cochiti Pueblo
- Bentley Spang – Cheyenne
When exploring the Object Gallery, click on the object you wish to learn about to open the object window. From here you can examine the piece more closely, learn about the item, and see more related images.
To play the Infinity of Nations Culture Quest, click on an object in the map and an interactive game of discovery begins. There are different activities for the different objects that once completed earns the player a ‘badge of knowledge’ which can be printed out.
Complete all 9 quests and print out a Culture Quest Leader certificate.
Take a closer look at the contemporary art pieces with interactive exploration.
Select the “Teaching Resources” link in the lower right menu to find valuable information about Infinity of Nations and for tips on teaching about Native American art.