It’s Saturday, August 6, 2016, and time for Art at ClickSchooling!
Age Range: All (All grades; children with parental supervision)
This website was designed to introduce kids to art through many fun lessons and activities on color theory. By gaining knowledge about colors and mixing colors kids learn some principles of design that help them create art and talk about art.
When you get to the site you will see an introductory page with a menu of activities. You can follow the lessons in order, using your mouse to click on the “next” arrow button on each page – or you can just choose the activity that is most appealing to you including:
- Online Activities – Links to interactive websites featuring stories and activities themed around the use of color
- Student Artwork – Take a look at artwork created by students that incorporates artistic color schemes.
- Master Artists – Check out how the master painters used color in their great works.
- Puzzle and Game Page – Lots of interactive online games and puzzles themed around the use of color in art
- Artroom Activities – Designed for grades 4 and up, these projects explore color wheels, schemes, and moods.
There are also Teacher Resources and References, Links, and more to enhance any visual arts curriculum.