It’s Tuesday, April 4, 2017, and time for Science at ClickSchooling!
Age Range: 6-16 (Grades 1-10, with parental supervision)
This terrific website, sponsored by the National Science Foundation, offers free lessons, activities, virtual field trips and access to webcasts that explain the science of food.
When you get to the site you’ll see some featured items and a menu selection that includes:
- Eggs – Turn your kitchen into a lab and learn the scientific processes that occur when you cook eggs.
- Pickles – Discover the ancient culinary craft of preserving foods in salt brine and vinegar and how it manipulates microbes in foods.
- Candy – Get up close and personal with a sucrose molecule and discover how different types of candy are made.
- Bread – Take “Bread Science 101” that includes a microscopic tour of the staff of life.
- Seasonings – Explore your senses through the world of spices.
- Meat – Learn about fat, proteins, and collagen – and the molecular art of grilling.
This is the ultimate kitchen-science excursion – and fun for the whole family!