It’s Tuesday, April 11, 2017, and time for Science at ClickSchooling!
Age Range: 8-16 (Grades 3-10, with parental supervision)
This site has a free online WebRanger program for kids with over 50 games and activities that teach about national parks, monuments, and historic sites all provided by the National Park Service.
We suggest you click on “Visit” on your first experience and just look around and play the activities (rated Easy, Medium, and Hard) in these categories:
- People – Learn about U.S. Presidents, Thomas Edison, Paul Revere.
- History – Discover arctic artifacts. set sail on a Navy war ship in 1812.
- Nature – Discover dendrochronology (tell time with tree rings) and take The Puma Challenge!
- Puzzles – Break the alpha code names for national parks, send a message with a signal flag, go on a website scavenger hunt.
- Science – Test the water quality, virtually explore tidepools, find out what dinosaurs ate.
- Parks – Play “Name That Park,” help a ranger, learn the 10 essentials for having fun and staying safe in parks.
- Animals – Pack a virtual dog sled, protect bald eagles, and help baby sea turtles find the ocean.
Click on any topic and a new page opens with a menu of multi-media online games and activities that teach as they entertain. From simple match games to challenging quests, you won’t believe the amount of content delivered.
Bookmark this site, you simply can’t see it all in one visit.
Also, National Parks Week is April 15-23, 2017 and during April 15-16 and 22-23: Visit for free! On these National Park Week weekends, every national park will give you free admission! Many of them are also offering educational and entertaining activities including historical reenactments, living history, guided tours, volunteer clean-up programs, and much, much more. Find your park!