It’s Saturday, March 4, 2017, and time for Music at
Age Range: 10-18 (Grades 5-12, with parental supervision)
This website created by piano teacher, Jon Ensminger, provides great games for improving music skills.
Interactive games that can be played on the computer or an iPad include:
- Flashnotes – Identify the notes on the 4 clefs: treble, bass, alto, and tenor clefs.
- Flashnotes Keyboard – Identify the piano keyboard key indicated on the clef.
- Keyboard Draw – Fill in the piano keyboard colored keys based on the first note indicated.
- Flash Scale Degrees – Indicate how many scale degrees a note is on the staff.
- Flash Intervals – Identify the degree and type of intervals between two notes.
- Flash Key Signatures – Identify the key based on the signatures in the staff.
Games that require the Adobe Flash plugin and can only be played on a computer include:
- Treble Clef Beginner
- Bass Clef Beginner
- Treble Clef Advanced
- Bass Clef Advanced
- Alto Clef Advanced
- Tenor Clef Advanced
The above games help practice identifying notes on the different clefs.
This website is a wonderful tool for young musicians wishing to perfect their music reading skills.