It’s Thursday, March 2, 2017, and time for Social Sciences at ClickSchooling!
Age Range: 9-18 (Grades 4-12, with parental supervision)
This interactive presentation from the Michael C. Carlos Museum at Emory University explores the world of ancient Greece.
After watching the introductory slide show, select your topic of interest:
- Death & Burial – Discover what the Greeks believed about death and explore artifacts related to burials.
- Victory & Conquests – Learn how athletics and being a warrior were closely related during the days of ancient Greece.
- Gods, Goddesses & Heroes – Read the stories of the Greek gods and goddesses and just for fun, see how J. K. Rowling intertwined Greek mythology in her famous novels.
- Animals Real and Imagined – Examine artifacts of animals both real and imaginary and their significance to ancient Greeks.
- Greek Democracy – Explore the roots of democracy and how it helped form democracy in the United States today.
This website could make a good introduction into your ancient Greece studies or used as fun way to reinforce concepts taught.