It’s Wednesday, November 9, 2016, and time for Language Arts at ClickSchooling!
Age Range: 5-18 (Grades K-8, with parental supervision)
Read All About Wild Turkeys at the National Wild Turkey Federation (NWTF) site. There are illustrations, photos, and sound clips to help you learn about wild turkeys.
- Five senses of a wild turkey
- Why the strut?
- What a wild turkey sounds like
- Learn about the wild turkey subspecies
- and more!
Once you’ve read all about turkeys, test your knowledge by printing out and solving these puzzles:
Then, try these Thanksgiving-themed Language Arts worksheets:
- Find the complete sentence.
- Underline the verbs and nouns in each sentence.
- Practice spelling the plural form of Thanksgiving words by printing out Worksheet 1 and Worksheet 2.
- Unscramble Thanksgiving-themed words. Print out Worksheet 1 and Worksheet 2.
- Write an acrostic poem using the word “Turkey.”
To write an acrostic poem, use one word (such as “turkey”) as the subject of your poem. Write the word vertically on a sheet of paper. Use each letter of the word as the beginning letter for a word in each line of the poem. Each line of the poem must connect to the subject of the poem.