Hi! It’s Saturday, June 21, 2012 and time for Music at ClickSchooling!
Age Range: 6-12 (approximately, with parental supervision)
America’s oldest professional musical organization, the United States Marine Band, offers this fun musical tour of the White House for kids! Your animated host is conductor and composer, John Phillip Sousa, who not only leads the tour of the mansion, but provides information about historical music events at the White House, the history of the Marine Band, and an introduction to brass, woodwind, and percussion instruments.
When you get to the site, simply click on the arrows to enjoy this animated musical adventure that includes activities that teach about:
- The various bands and orchestras that provide music for White House functions
- Trivia about White House guests and dignitaries, and the music and dances featured during their visits
- Instruments of the bands and orchestras
- Rooms of the White House including Entrance Foyer, the State Dining Room, the East Room, etc.
- Musical compositions by John Phillip Sousa, Scott Joplin, and other American composers
In each section of the tour, be sure to search for clues to more interesting historical trivia about the White House, Presidents, and music. Don’t forget to use the menu to access the free, printable Marine Band Coloring Book!