Hi! It’s Tuesday, March 6, 2012 and time for Science at Clickschooling!
Age Range: 7-13 (approximately, with parental supervision)
A Maryland ClickScholar recommended this website, sponsored by The Children’s Museum of Indianapolis, that offers a free “Field Guide to the Universe” and an interactive game that allows kids to try their hand at building and maintaining a space station for astronauts.
When you get to the website, place your cursor over the image of the book or the astronaut to access:
*Field Guide To The Universe – Get information on the Solar System, learn about various space craft, discover astronomers in ancient times, medieval times, the age of enlightenment, and today!
*Living In Space: Interactive Game – Answer questions correctly to try and earn the rank of “Mission Commander.” You’ll learn the answers to:
- What’s the best air (gas mixture) to breathe in space?
- How much water should you bring to drink?
- What combination of protein, carbs, calories and fat should the food you bring contain?
- What kind of space toilet will you need?
- What’s the best power source to use?
- How will you bathe in space?
- How many oxygen-producing plants will you need?
At the end of the game you can print out a certificate of completion.
This is a terrific, multi-media resource for introducing kids to space science!