Hi! It’s Wednesday, August 31, 2011 and time for Language Arts at ClickSchooling!
Age Range: 11 and up (middle/high school level, with parental guidance)
ClickScholar Mary suggested this website that offers free literature guides to help students analyze novels and plays.
LitCharts are similar to SparkNotes and CliffsNotes except the summary and analysis sections are side-by-side, making them easier to use. They are shorter than conventional guides, but haven’t sacrificed detail for brevity.
These literature guides provide students with everything needed to better understand what they read, ace any tests and quizzes, and write analysis papers.
When you get to the site you’ll see a menu of literature titles that include:
- Animal Farm by George Orwell
- Brave New World by Aldous Huxley
- The Catcher In the Rye by J.D. Salinger
- The Great Gatsby by F. Scott Fitzgerald
- Hamlet by Shakespeare
- Jane Eyre by Charlotte Bronte
- Lord of the Flies by William Golding
- Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen
- To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee
You can view the guides online for free by clicking a title. A new page opens with the complete literature guide that includes:
- Background Info
- Plot Summary
- Summary and Analysis by Chapter
You can also download the PDF of each one for free to view or print offline. Or, pay $.99 each for an iPhone app.