Hi! It’s Saturday, April 30, 2011 and time for Foreign Languages at ClickSchooling!
Recommended Website: Say Hello
Age Range: All (with parental guidance)
This website, sponsored by the Internet Public Library, cleverly offers the visitor an opportunity tolearn how to say “Hello” in many of the 2,796 languages of the world – everything from Aleut to Zulu.
This is a great place for foreign language beginners to sample various languages to determine which ones they might like to learn how to speak. The format is simple. You click on the language you want to try and a new page opens where you’ll see:
- The word “Hello” in that language
- A pronunciation key
- Words in English from that language
- The alphabet of the language
- Links to free lessons on learning the language – including audio and video files
- Information about the culture
In addition to the wonderful language resources, you are just a mouse-click away from a virtual field trip to the country where the language you selected is spoken. You’ll see photos, videos, and get encyclopedic information about every aspect of the country – including its history, economy, and tourist attractions.
Some of the languages include:
- Non-verbal Languages include Braille and Sign Language
Bookmark this site now to return often!