This website offers FREE, interactive, animated, multimedia math lessons, tutorials, and enrichment exercises for K-12 students. The site provides hands-on learning methods for better understanding of math concepts that engage all students including those who need remedial help. This website is sponsored by software publisher Cognitive Technologies Corporation with the hope that if you use their free online math resources, you may purchase other software they offer.
When you get to the site you’ll see a brief introduction followed by a menu of math lessons which you can also access by clicking on the menu at the top of the page, or on the left side of the screen. The curriculum includes:
- Basic Skills – Includes Addition, Subtraction, Multiplication & Division, Place Value, Rounding & Estimation, Fraction Basics, and Basic Geometry
- Pre-Algebra – Includes Factoring, Fractions, Fraction Operations, Ratios, Proportions & Percents, and Integers
- Geometry – Includes Points, Lines, & Angles, Plane Figures, Plane Figure Properties, and Solid Figures
- Algebra – Includes Expressions, Real Numbers, Equations, Inequalities & Functions, Solving Linear Equations, Graphing Linear Equations, Writing Linear Equations, System of Linear Equations, Exponents & Powers, Quadratic Equations, and Polynomials & Factoring
- Trigonometry – Includes Introduction, Functions, and Function Graphing
Click on any topic and a new page opens to a menu of lessons. Click on any one and another window opens with the lesson and the animated, interactive exercises that require Adobe Shockwave (which you can download for free at the site). You may have to wait a minute or two for the lesson to fully download. Then, just follow the directions and arrows to explore the resources that give the student control over the learning experience so they can develop and improve math skills at their own pace. This website will enhance any math curriculum that you currently use as well.
DID YOU MISPLACE A ClickSchooling Review? Do you need to find an educational website – fast! Visit the ClickSchooling archives at: http://www.homefires.com/clickschool/archive.asp.