GoogolPower: Christmas Math
GoogolPower.com (the makers of my favorite math songs) have created a Family
Math curriculum page themed around Christmas. This is a delightful way to
incorporate learning into every aspect of the holidays. When you get to the
site you will find all kinds of links to fun Christmas activities for
families to do together that build math skills and comprehension too. They
- Baking – Find recipes & recipe converters.
- Budgeting – Discover how to fill out a spreadsheet.
- Holiday Lights – Learn how many watts of power they use.
- Wrapping Presents – Use your tape measure to determine package dimensions.
Make tessellation wrapping paper.
- Trees & Snowflakes – Measure the height of a tree, and investigate
- Christmas Cards – Make a card with a cryptarithm or a tangram.
- Ornaments & Decorations – Make your own polyhedras to put on the tree.
- Santa Claus – Find out how Santa uses math to circumnavigate the Earth.
- The Twelve Days of Christmas – Learn what the song has to do with Pascal’s
- Christmas Worksheets & Math Problems — Includes dot-to-dots, mazes, logic
problems with candy canes and much more!
Don’t forget to bookmark this website and come back after Christmas to
explore the many math lessons and activities that incorporate learning about
other subjects too.